Registration for KGT 2018 will open on 15th July 2018.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU FOLLOW ALL STEPS IN THE PROCESS BELOW - A payment is not a registration UNTIL WE RECEIVE A COMPLETED ENTRY FORM!!
1. PAY (by Mpesa) - 2. COMPLETE the entry form - 3. TRAIN for the event - 4. COMPETE!
Before you start...
- You'll need to pay first and have your 10 digit M-Pesa payment reference to hand. Details below.
If you're an international entrant, please use the link below to pay by card and email us at email@example.com.
Individual entry Kes 2,500 (£18.50 GBP / EUR 20 / $25 USD)
Team entry (two or three people) Kes 4,000 (£30 GBP / EUR 33 / $40 USD)
Select: Lipa na M-Pesa
Account No: KGT-Entry
Amount: 2,500 (individuals), 4,000 (teams)
Other currencies by card: www.givengain.com/cause/7108/donate/#start
You'll need your/your team's estimated swim time for 750m open water, to the nearest minute. This allows us to put you in the correct starting wave. As a guide, the average KGT swim time since 2012 has been between 20 and 25 minutes; the fastest ever was 11 minutes but you can take as long as you like. If you've entered before, look at the Results page and see what your time was. Please be realistic with your estimated time. This will ensure you're put in the correct group and swimming with similar speeds. You will be more easily sighted by our safety boats and more easily head-counted in and out the water. If you're used to swimming in a pool, please be aware that open water swims are always slower.
For two/three person teams, you will need all the details of all the team members now, and you'll need to complete one registration form and pay one team entry for the whole team. If you don't have a swimmer you can use Queenie the KGT cow for your swim leg, and then you/teammate complete the rest. Select the Queenie option during registration. Entry fee is the same, Kes 4,000. PLEASE NOTE: An individual entrant may NOT also enter as part of a team.
For the enjoyment and safety of all competitors and spectators at the KGT, please adhere to the race rules below.
- You must be over 12 years of age to participate in a team, and over 16 to enter the full individual course. If you are between 12 and 16 years old you can complete one leg only as part of a team; over 16s can complete one or two legs in a team, or enter as an individual entrant. There is no upper age limit as long as you are fit enough!
- Any swimming costumes/wetsuits permitted (and you must wear one). Swimming caps and goggles are not compulsory, but are recommended.
- Footwear is not compulsory but highly recommended for bike and run.
- BIKE HELMETS ARE COMPULSORY. No exceptions, you will not be able to compete the bike leg without a helmet.
- Your bike must have working brakes.
- It is absolutely prohibited to cycle down Cardiac Hill. Any downhill cycling will result in automatic disqualification.
- If your number is not visible to marshals you will not be timed and may be disqualified.
Ready? Get Set... Go!